Last Updated - May 2016
By using the Web Services, you hereby warrant and represent that you have read, understand and agree to all terms and conditions herein, including our Terms and Conditions of Service, available here www.palletconnect.com, which is incorporated herein by reference. You further warrant and represent that you are giving Pallet Connect permission to use and store such information consistent with this policy and our Terms and Conditions of Service.
1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
1.1 Personal Information
Pallet Connect collects personal information if you voluntarily choose to share such information. You may browse the Site without disclosing any personal information. However, to take advantage of particular opportunities provided through the Services, we may require that you furnish personal information. When you register your account, complete forms and via communications transmitted through the Services, we collect information including your name, company name, phone number (including to use to call or text you in order to provide the Services) and email address.
1.2 Usage Information
Pallet Connect may use technologies that collect and store certain data about the use of the Services on an aggregate and/or anonymous basis. This information may be non-identifying or may be associated with you. Whenever we associate usage information with your personal information, we will treat it as personal information.
In addition, tracking information may be collected as you navigate through the Services, such as geographic areas. Vehicles with shipments being transported through the Services may be tracked via GPS coordinates sent to our servers. We collect this information for various purposes, including to provide you with support, to notify carriers as soon as shipments are available nearby, to keep consignees informed of arrival times, to help dispatchers or Shippers know where drivers are headed, to enhance the Services, and for our internal business purposes.
1.3 IP Address
Pallet Connect and/or third parties with whom Pallet Connect has contracted to provide services may collect your Internet Protocol Address (“IP Address”), which is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your internet service provider. This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time of your visit(s) and the pages you visited. We use IP Addresses to monitor locations from which Users navigate the Site and for fraud prevention.
1.4 Cookies and Other Technologies
Like many websites, we may use “cookies” to collect information. A cookie is a data file placed on a device when it is used to access the Services. A flash cookie is a data file placed on a device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your device. Cookies and flash cookies may be used for many purposes, including, but not limited to, remembering you and your preferences and tracking your visits to our web pages. Cookies work by assigning a number to the user that has no meaning outside of the assigning website.
We and our service providers may also use “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs,” or similar means in connection with the Services and HTML-formatted email. Web beacons or similar technologies help us better manage content on the Services by informing us what content is effective, count users of the Services, monitor how users navigate the Services, or count how many e-mails were actually opened.
1.5 Financial Information
We may require you to provide us with financial information, including billing name, address and credit card number (“Financial Information”).
Only authorized Pallet Connect staff have access to your Personal Information in its entirety. Other staff may have access to portions of this information if it pertains to their job duties. We use Financial Information solely as authorized by you in accordance with the Services
2. USE OF INFORMATION
Our primary goal in collecting information is to provide you with an enhanced experience when using the Services.
Pallet Connect uses Personal Information for the following general purposes:
- (a) to provide, operate, maintain, and enhance our products and the Services;
- (b) to provide you with information, administrative notices and communications relevant to your use of our products and services;
- (c) to process your registration with the Services, including verifying your information is active and valid;
- (e) to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service, to address intellectual property infringement, defamation issues or privacy violations related to user content, or to send communications, updates, and promotions related to products and services;
- (f) in the case of cookies and automatically-collected information, to personalize or customize our services (for example, with auto-population of sign-in fields), provide customized content and information, track your participation in any activities on the Service, and in the case of carriers and shippers, to track the location of shipments transported through the Service;
- (g) for billing, identification and authentication, and fraud prevention;
- (h) for internal business purposes;
- (i) to analyze Site usage, improve our products and the Service, and develop new products, services, features and functionality;
- (j) for troubleshooting problems, market research, and detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity;
- (k) for distribution to third party carriers providing services through the Pallet Connect platform (“Carriers”) or third party shippers receiving services through the Pallet Connect platform (“Shippers”);
- (l) to conduct market research about the Services, and/or usage or Users of the Services, including in order to market the Services;
- (m) to help diagnose problems with our computer server, and to administer our web site(s);
- (n) to enforce our Terms and Conditions of Service; and
3. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We will not disclose your information to third parties without your consent, except as identified in this policy. We may disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- (a) Any information you include in a publicly-accessible area of the Services, such as a public profile page, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
- (b) Carriers provide services through the Pallet Connect platform, and Shippers receive services through the Pallet Connect platform. We may provide Carriers and Shippers with access to user information, including Personal Information, only as necessary to carry out or receive the services being provided. These parties are bound by privacy restrictions at least as restrictive as those set forth in this policy.
- (c) Third party service providers work on website or application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to and/or process your information, including Personal Information, in connection with providing these services. Such third party providers agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- (d) We may share non-personally identifiable information, such as aggregated user statistics and log data, with third parties for business purposes.
- (e) We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. Thus, we may access, use, preserve, transfer and disclose your information (including Personal Information) if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies, or to protect the safety, rights and property of the Company, the Services or any third party. Such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you.
- (f) User information, including Personal Information, may be disclosed and/or transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- (g) We also may disclose your information as may be described to you at the time the information is collected, or in any other manner to which you consent.
We do not sell, rent or trade the information we have collected about you, including Personal Information. We do not share your Personal Information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you consent to such sharing at the time you provide your Personal Information.
Although we ensure that our third party agents receiving your information are bound by privacy restrictions at least as restrictive as those set forth in this policy, Pallet Connect is not responsible for any issues that may arise regarding the Privacy Policies of any such third parties. By using this website, you do hereby agree to hold Pallet Connect harmless from any claims and/or damages that may arise from the actions of any third parties.
Pallet Connect reserves the right to disclose Personal Information from both private and public areas of this website at our discretion, if required by law, in order to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process or if we are given reason to believe, in our sole discretion, that someone is causing injury to or interference with the rights of Users, the general public, or Pallet Connect.
If you provide Pallet Connect any feedback, suggestions, bug reports, system errors, and other information or ideas regarding the Service (“Feedback”), you hereby assign to Pallet Connect all rights in the Feedback and agree that Pallet Connect shall have the right to use such Feedback and related information in any manner it deems appropriate. Without limiting the foregoing, this assignment of rights applies to any testimonials you provide, and you hereby also grant Pallet Connect the right to use your name in connection with sharing such testimonials with the public. Pallet Connect will treat any Feedback you provide to Pallet Connect as non-confidential and non-proprietary. You agree that you will not submit to Pallet Connect any information or ideas that you consider to be confidential or proprietary. If you agree to participate in any case studies, you agree that information you provide in connection with the case study is deemed Feedback and that Pallet Connect may use your name in connection with such Feedback.
You may decline to share certain personal information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Services.
You may opt-out of receiving email campaigns from us by unsubscribing from such emails. You may also remove your information from our database by contacting us at email@example.com. If you receive unsolicited email from a Pallet Connect domain, please contact us at unsubscribe at the bottom of the email, or ask to unsubscribe by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to update your profile information and preferences or request that we delete any Personal Information that we have, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Note that while changes you make will be updated in user databases within a reasonable period of time, to preserve the integrity of our databases, we may retain information submitted by Users for an indefinite length of time. If required by law, we will delete Personal Information by erasing it from our database.
5. PALLET CONNECT’S SECURITY OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
In order to help prevent unauthorized access to, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of your information, Pallet Connect has put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect through the Services. That said, we cannot guarantee that information provided to us through the Services will remain private, or that the information you transmit to us over the Internet will not be intercepted.
To help prevent unauthorized access to your personal information you are responsible for keeping the username and password (collectively, “ID”) that you receive upon registration with the Services private and confidential. You are solely responsible for preventing the unauthorized use of your ID.
7. HOW TO CONTACT US
Address: 5441 Timberlea Blvd , Unit 1 , Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 2T6